Department of Tourism & Hospitality Management

Daffodil International University

Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Registration related FAQ

SL Question Answer

How to complete the course registration? (For new Students)

  1. Collect your account clearance by paying the registration fees/Admission fees in the Accounts Section.
  2. Submit the filled up StudentInsurance Form (given during the admission) and the account clearanceto the Coordination Officer of the Department Office.
  3. When the registration is done by the department Office, you have to check the student portal to confirm your registration.



How to complete the course registration? (For existing Students)

  1. Collect your account clearance by paying the registration fees in the Accounts Section.
    1. Submit it (keep a photocopy) to the batch coordinator in your department. He/she will complete your course registration as per the rule.
    2. After the completion, you have to check the student portal to confirm the completion of course registration.
03 How can I Change/ Add/Drop course after the registration?

After the registration, you may be able to Change/Add/Drop any course within 7 days after the last date of the registration. Contact your batch coordinator.


What can I do to drop the semester?

(before registration)

In case of specific reason, if you could not pay your registration fees and did not complete the registration, then you must drop the semester in the student portal.


What can I do to drop my semester?

(after registration)

  1. Write an application (describing specific reason) to the Dean through Head of the Department within 2 weeks of the last date of registration.
  2. If Head and Dean approve, then you need to submit the copy of the approval to the Registrar Office for final approval.
  3. One week later you need to check the student portal and/or contact the department office to confirm the semester drop.

I am a student of previous syllabus. Shall I do my registration with previous course code or I will register with new course code?

Student of previous syllabus can do registration with previous syllabus with an application to the Head of the department.

07 What can I do for registration when the registration date is over?

Please follow the instructions given in the notice board and contact to the department office for further help.


I have already dropped three or more semesters (without informing). Now I want to continue my study.

Please follow the instructions of re-admission given in the notice board and contact to the department office.

09 How to take extra courses in a semester?

Students may apply to the Dean through Head of the departmentdescribing the name and credits of courses to be taken.

10 How I can extend registration duration for more than six years?

Submit an application (describing the reason) to the Registrar through Head and Dean. A draft transcript need to be attached with the application.


I want to register one course with evening program or alternatively day program. Can I be permitted?

Write an application to the head of the Department with specific reason(s).

12 What is the process of doing dual-major?
  1. If youwant to do dual-major you need to write an application to the Head of the Department.
  2. The co-ordination officer will provide guidelines for the student which s/he will have to follow.
  3. In order to do dual-major a student needs to complete 1 elective course, 7 courses from the first major and 5 courses from the second major.

Exam related FAQ
SL Question Answer
1 How can I get my admit card for Mid Term and Final Exams?

Pay your instalment (fees) and collect your exam clearance/admit card showing the money receipt from the Accounts Section. You need to preserve the exam clearance/admit card for sitting the exam.

2 What is the fees of improvement exam?

The student has to pay 40% of the course fees to attend the mid-term improvement exam and 60% of the course fees for the finalexam improvement.


How can I sit in the improvement exam?

  1. Collect the Form of improvement exam from the department office and fill up the Form.
  2. Pay required fees for improvement exam in the accounts section and get the clearance.
  3. Then you submit the form to the department office. The department office will send the form to the relevant teacher.
4 How can I select a Supervisor for internship?

Contact your Head of the Department who will assign your supervisor for internship & thesis.


How can I get my semester results from website?

Browse DIU website to find the option of ‘Virtual University’. Click &enter your ID in the Academic Result box.When you press enter, your results will be displayed.

6 How can I get the cumulative results (CGPA) of all the courses that I have completed?
  1. To collect draft transcript only before completion of all courses, you need to pay Tk.50/- to Accounts Section.
  2. Go to the exam section and fill out the application form for draft transcript.
  3. Collect your transcript when it is ready.

I have two exams in same time slot. Can I attend the improvement of the missed exam without fee?

You can attend the improvement exam without fee in case of overlapping of exams.


Do I have to attend a minimum number of classes to attend the examinations?

Minimum of 60% of the classes you must attend.

What is the minimum CGPA to get the certificate?

The minimum CGPA is 2.50 to get your degree certificate.

Is there any eligibility to attend the final Improvement Exam?

Students those who got “Grade B” or less may apply for improvement

How can I resolve result block?

  1. Clear your previous dues
  2. Contact with Registrar Office/Exam Office for resolving of blocked result.

Transcript/certificate/concern letter, etc. related FAQ
SL Question Answer

How I can take concern letter/ testimonial for job purpose?

Write an application to the Head of the Department (format given in the office/notice board) along with money receipt of the payment of tk 50. Please write your parents name in the application and in the back side of the money receipt.

2 How I get Internship letter?
  1. You must complete all courses to start internship while maintaining at least CGPA of 2.50.
  2. Collect internship form from the department office. Fill up the form and get the required signatures.
  3. Pay fees and take Accounts clearance
  4. Submit the form to department office together with clearance receipt.

When I will be allowed for provisional certificate?

After the completion of all required credits for the degree, you will be allowed for provisional certificate until the subsequent convocation ceremony.


How can I withdraw academic transcripts/ certificate?

Collect form from DIU exam office and fill-up the form and submit to the exam section.
5 How can I get a recommendation letter?

For Recommendation Letter,you have to pay TK. 50 to Accounts section. Write your father’s and mother’s name backside of the money receipt.Then submit an application to Head of the Department. Attach the money receipt along with the application. (submit the soft copy of the draft recommendation letter, if any)


How I will get a concern letter.

For Concern Letter, you have to pay TK. 50 to Accounts section. Write your father’s and mother’s name backside of the money receipt.Then submit an application to Head of the Department. Attach the money receipt along with the application.

Miscellaneous FAQ
S/L Question Answer

How can I get my email password? (For new students)

You can get your email ID and password from the online notice board and the departmental notice board.  
2 How can I solve the Email password problem?

You need to pay Tk20/- to Account section and fill-up the register book from the department office for specific problem.Department office will send an e-mail to IT section to solve the problem and then inform you the solution.

3 I cannot login in the student portal. How can I get access to the student portal?

The detailed information regarding the reset option of student portal password is given in the notice board of the department. Please follow the instructions.

4 How can I get my class routine of the semester?

You can find your class routine in the departmental notice board, online notice board and in your email.

5 I have lost my ID card. What can I do now?

At first, you have to go to the Police Station to do a General Dairy (GD). Submit the photocopy of the GD to the Admission Section. The Admission Section will give you the further instructions.

6 Where can I get my scholarship/waiver information?

You can get your scholarship/waiver information from the Registrar Office.

7 When is the payment date?

The date of payment will be notified through online notice board and through the mail.

8 How much do we need to pay in second (before mid-term) and third (before final) installment?

You have already paid the registration fees in the beginning of the semester. Now, multiply the no of credits you have registered in current semester with per credit tuition fees for your program. The result is the total amount you have to pay in two equal parts in the time of mid-term and final exams respectively.

You can also askthe respective officers of the Account Section and/or you can check the Ledger inthe Students’ Portal.


How may I reserve class room for extra class?

Come to the department office and contact with coordination officer for booking class room.  

How may I get scholarship from foreign university?

Call for Applications for different scholarship opportunities are regularly posted in the Notice Board and social media Pages of DIU International Affairs. See the regular updates and check your student e-mail. Contact with the officials of the office of the DIU International Affairs for further information and clarifications.

11 How can I change Department/Program?

Collect the Department Change Form from Registrar Office. Fill-up and collect sign from respective Deans and Heads.Clear all dues and submit the form to Registrar Office for approval.


How can I change course section?

Contact department office.  

How to solve Multimedia/ IT related Problem?

Contact department office.  
14 How can I change the Campus? Contact Office of the Registrar.  
15 What are the requirements to get Laptop from university?

You have to complete at least 4 semesterssuccessfully with SGPA 2.5 and payment should be clear up to the last semester.

16 How I can transfer credit with a foreign university? Please contact International Affairs Office  
17 How I can join in International Summer Programs? Please contact International Affairs Office  

How can I find thecontact numbers of a teacher/officer?

Visit the following link of DIU website



19 What is the process of teaching evaluation?

Login to student portal and update your profile. After that, fill the teaching evaluation form and submit it.

20 How to check payment ledger from student portal?

Login to student portal and click “payment” option for student payment ledger and payment scheme.

21 Can I meet with my course teacher other than class period?

Yes, you can meet with your teacher during the counseling hours.

22 Where can I find information about insurance? Contact Mr. Md. Zubayarul Islam, Administrative Officer.Mobile: 01847140055  

How can I login the google classroom?

First download the classroom apps from the google play store. Install the app to your mobile

Login by providing your g-mail ID and password.



Over 500 Students

What Students Say About Us

Online Admission

Get Admitted

Department Admission Prospectus


Stay connected with our social network